Saturday, May 1, 2010

OCC Challenge - Mother's Day Card - Look Ma! No Flowers!

Welcome OCC friends... Welcome to another fun challenge here at Our Creative Corner!! We want to thank all those that stopped by & played along with our challenges last month. Our April hostess, Dana, did a spectacular job with so many wonderful and creative challenges for us to play along with! Thank-you, Dana!!!

We are happy to announce that the winner of the $30 Paper Maniac gift certificate is #272 Regina Jones. Congratulations Regina! Please email Dana Grothaus to claim your prize. Take a look at Regina's beautiful creation;


Now, onto this week's challenge. We have a new month, and that means a new hostess. Let's welcome our May hostess, Loretta Lock. This week Loretta is challenging all of us to make a Mother’s Day card with no flowers or blossoms. Flower shops will be full of beautiful blooms of many beautiful fragrances and vibrant colours. This will be a card that we can give along with a beautiful bouquet without competing with natural floral beauty! Everyone is invited to play along and we can't wait to see your cards this week!

Please remember there is no time limit on our challenges - participate whenever you are able. To play along, upload your creation to your blog or gallery, then leave us a comment linking to your card/project so we can check it out. If you upload to SCS, remember to use keyword: OCCC

Here are some samples from our Design Team to spark your inspiration. Our May hostess will start us off;


Loretta Lock - love to create



Sarah Gough - Thinking Stamps


















Designed by Lori Rider - The Diva Stamper





















Designed by Dana Grothaus - Dana's Dabbling Studio


Designed by Diane Gilbert ~ 'My Little Stampin' Spot!'


Designed by Julie ~ "Kewl"Stamps-n-More


Designed by Linda Coughlin - The Funkie Junkie




18 comments:

  1. Beautiful samples as always girls - thanks for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are just stunning!!!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some or other reason, i can't select the image to show :-( Maybe Mr Linky needs a holiday?

    http://desireeh1.blogspot.com/2010/05/mothersday-umbrella.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much! love all the dt samples!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I didn't read very well. I already posted my card and then read no flowers. Please delete me.
    Deonna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards from the DT.
    I had fun making this one, except that with no flowers i feel my card naked :)
    Thank you for looking!
    Hugs xx
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great challenge this week...the DT inspiration was wonderful.

    stampin' hugz
    Beverley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winner! And what a lovely cards the DT-team has come up with this week, too! ~Ira

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun challenge! Really had to think about this one! All the DT samples are fantastic! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful challenge and each card is unique and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a fun challenge! I love to use flowers, so it really stretched me to find something else. I had the perfect high heels set and made my card. Thanks for a fun blog. Great DT cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot insert my card directly, here, therefore, my link comes

    http://bastelfrosch.blogspot.com/2010/05/muttertag.html
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well it looks like I have missed this deadline. 8(
    Here is a link to my card.

    http://cardchallengesandmore.blogspot.com/2010/05/twisted-sketches-design-dollies-tiddly.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. My first challenge on this site, but looks like a missed deadline as well! Had fun all the same... great idea ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing to us.there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.I would like to join your blog anyway so please continue sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here. It does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely. I love the way the people here interact and shared their opinions too. I would love to track your future posts pertaining to the said topic we are able to read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx