Thursday, August 1, 2013

Words, Words, Words


Hello everyone, it's Alison (butterfly) here, with the August Challenge Theme.  And I don't suppose it's much surprise to anyone that my challenge to you is to focus on Words, Words, Words!

We would love to see projects with words at the heart of them - whether that means your creation includes a quote, a sentiment, a song lyric, or some words from inside your own heart and mind; or perhaps the project includes text of some kind, typed or script, handwritten or printed, as a major element; or maybe you can find some other way to have words at the centre of your creation.

So, without more ado, here are the amazing inspirational works from my team-mates to kick you off, and I'll be back with the rest of the team on the 15th to give you a further nudge.

  ************************************************************



Alison's "Words" challenge was the perfect occasion for me to create a board that is both: a memory of a wonderful holiday on Paradise Island in the Caribbean AND a tribute to one of my favourite songs: "The Sea" from Morcheeba. I quoted the refrain and I love that I felt exactly that way: free and with my soul opened wide. The corals and shells on the project are from my long morning walks on the (empty) beach - just me and the sea.

                     ************************************************************

Laura


I love adding words to art...so I went for everything on this creation - stencils, quote stamps and script stamps. This started out as just a bit of playing with wrinkle free distress and turned into the project for this challenge and it was so much fun!

   ***********************************************************

                                                                     Margie

Ahh, the challenge is WORDS - the perfect opportunity for me to try out an altered book project turning this plain, unloved book from the charity shop


into this rather more lovely Jane Austen art work!


You know you want to find out how to do it, so hop on over to my blog for all the details.  See you there.

                      ************************************************************

                                                                     Jenny


This wasn't the plan!! How many times does the thing in your head end up 'on the cutting room floor'?! But in its place came a flash of inspiration, ideas from those I admire and a middle son who plans to be an author. Of course a card for him had to involve words and some of the tools needed to write them.

                       ************************************************************

Bring your creations to Our Creative Corner and you could be our WINNER!
(Please check out the rules at the end of this post to make sure your entry can be accepted).

Challenge Winners

The winner and Top 3 from this challenge will be announced on the 8th September.

The winner will be invited to appear as 'The Top Talent' here at OCC, have a short interview so we can find out all about them and there will be a 'Spotlight' on a new project they have created. This will take place on October 22nd.

We have a page on this blog called 'Winner's Corner'.  The winner's name will be featured on this.

For entrants who have won our challenges and been featured as 'Top Talent' three times there will be a very special 'Gold Winner' badge for you to display proudly on your blog - now there's a challenge for you.

Of course, there's only one way to collect your badges and have your name placed in 'Winner's Corner' for all to see - let's see your entries!

Remember, Linda will be back on the August 8th to announce the winner of the 'Captured Memories' challenge, and on August 15th the rest of the Design Team will showcase their creations for this month's challenge.


And now for THE RULES:

1. You may enter this challenge a maximum of THREE TIMES - they must be different creations and posted on your blog separately.

2. If you post any more than three entries they will sadly have to be deleted.

3. NO back-linking. Please do not enter a creation that was published on your blog before the start of our challenge.

4. Please link to your actual post, not just your blog. If you just link to your blog the team will not be able to find your entry and leave any comments.

5. Please include a link to our challenge in your blog post.

6. You may combine our challenge with as many other challenges as you wish.

7. If you want the team to comment on your entry then you have to link to a site that does not require us to sign in/become a member.

This challenge is open until 11:55 pm Wednesday, August 28th.

Thanks for visiting.  Can't wait to see what Words, Words, Words you come up with!


22 comments:

  1. This has really stimulated my imagination, as words are my business! I teach Literature and do a little bit of writing. Wonderful idea for a challenge - but how will I narrow down what I want to do? Thanks for all the fabulous inspiration from the team too! Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what amazing pieces you have all presented to us, you clever Design Team! Now to put my thinking cap on!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely fabulous inspiration from all of you. Wonderful Words, Words, Words!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the work by the rest of the team as ever. Don't they set the bar high!! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What stunning work from the team - I don't want to single anyone out but Margie, WOW WOW WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you kindly Helen! I must admit I'm better at folding paper than I am at painting but I'm learning so much on this DT, I love it. Margie x

      Delete
  6. A great theme and gorgeous inspiration by the DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific variety of inspiration! Thanks for the fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this challenge! I'm so glad I found you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous samples, thank you for the inspiration;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is lovely to find the time to come and play at this wonderful challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous selection of DT projects, thank you for the great challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The design teams inspiration pics are just wonderful! What amazing pieces of art! I loved this challenge and although I only picked two words and an ampersand for this challenge the two words pack a whallop and certainly put the focus on the card on not only the words but also their meaning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous DT inspiration and thanks for a great challenge hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fabulous creations in this challenge and it's great to see so many entries. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't use enough words on my cards so thank you for this great challenge and for the wonderful inspiration given by the DT. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning makes by the DT members and all the entrants. Best Wishes

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh! What alot of entrants for Challenge 2! Well done girls!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's just my thing, too. Words, words, words... Is it ok, if I post my entry for Country Crafts here again? It is just so fitting! Thank you very much for hosting this beautiful challenge. I will have to check it regularly as it seems to be great fun!
    Greets, Manu

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx