Friday, November 8, 2013

It's Halloween - Let's Tag It On! Winner And Top Three

Hello everyone, Julia here to announce the winner and top three for my Halloween Tag challenge.
You didn't give me a very easy job did you?? The entry was quite small - 38 entries - but there were some stunners and I found it very difficult to choose! Lots of wonderful ideas for texture and some super creepy images too!

Without further ado, here are my chosen entries:

The Winner Of The Halloween - Let's Tag It On Challenge

I just loved the textured 'wall' background that Maisie created - it's wonderful in a close up image.
The small details that make this tag work so well are numerous: the stamped ribbon, the window, the net curtain, Mr Skeleton creepily staring out - need I go on?!
The way Maisie showed her tag lit from the back was the final factor that clinched the deal. I love Maisie's creativity and the way she interpreted my challenge.
Congratulations for your win and I can't wait to see what you come up with for the Top Talent feature!

Now for the Top Three in numerical order - so glad I don't have to put them in rank order!!


No. 5 - Astrid

I love the combination of stencilled texture and wrinkle free distress that Astrid used for her background.


The images are perfect for Halloween, especially that Teesha Moore image which I find very creepy indeed! Don't forget those beautifully textured leaves too and the little piece of text on the top right.
I'm also delighted that Astrid has joined our team and I look forward to working alongside such a talented lady. When Astrid made this tag she wasn't even on the team so it just shows what can happen in a short space of time!

No. 17 - Keren
A wonderful cobwebb background from Keren achieved with some spider web netting and some black netting which was cleverly dry brushed to great effect. I just love how Keren used the Graphic 45 cat postcard too - it's a stunner!


Just love how adding some net to a background with a little dry brushing can make such a wonderful texture.

No. 38 - Kezzy


I just love how Kezzy has created her background! The wonderful texture highlighted with colour and metallics is perfect. So many small details make this such a gorgeous tag - just loving the 'makeup' added to her face!
Don't you just love these little dancing skeletons? That hair is fab too!

Thank you so much ladies for making my challenge such a success with your beautiful entries. Please do go over and visit these talented artists and see the full details for each piece.

Well done to the  latest 'Our Creative Corner' Winner and Top 3! Feel free to grab your badges from the sidebar - we hope you will proudly display them  on your blogs.

Our latest challenge, hosted by the uber talented Claudia is live on the blog. Claudia has come up with a clever 'Tic Tac Toe' challenge with Steampunk as your theme. Click here for all the details and then why not link up your Steampunk creations? Who knows, you could be our next winner and then be featured as a top talent. You will even be given a place in the 'Winner's Corner' next to Maisie Moonshine! 

Don't forget to pop back here on the 15th November for some more inspiration from my amazingly talented teamies. You will just love what they have come up with. . . . . . 

13 comments:

  1. Huge CONGRATS to all the chosen! Well done, Julia, I really love your picks - so well deserved!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Massive congratulations to Julia's picks for the winner and top 3! SO pleased for you Maisie - that really was one amazing tag. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Maisie that was terrific! I love everything about it! Also Astrid, Keren and Kezzy! These are fabulous makes: you are all so talented and inspirational! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant tag Maisie! one word - A-MAZ-ING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly did not envy you the task but you have made some wonderful choices Julia, each and every one! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow thank you so much and a huge congrats to the others as well :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the winners are great! But, I love the tag Maisie created. I can see how difficult deciding must have been. Congratulations to all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness me I can't believe I made the top spot! Thank you Julia for picking me and thank you for all the lovely comments. Congratulations to all the other winners and entrants - I wouldn't have liked to have to choose from so many fabulous entries. MMx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Such a worthy winner Maisie, your tag is incredible. Bravo to the runners-up too; such wondeful inspiration :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all grand - but the winner is really very special. With a name like Maisie Moonshine, it just has to be spectacular!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow !!! Fabulous tags !!! Congrats to the winners, well deserved ! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic creations - what worthy winners!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Laura I'm having trouble getting an email to you. You can contact me at maisiemoonshine@gmail.com. MMx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx