Wednesday, January 1, 2014

No More Shopping Sins!



Hi there and Happy New Year to you all, dear crafting friends!
It's Claudia here and it is my very special honour to bring to you the very first challenge of the new year:


No More Shopping Sins!



Use (and show us) one of your former "shopping sins"!  

I know - you all got fantastic new crafting stuff for Christmas (and of course you may use some of it too),  but we want to see one of those never before used and thoroughly hoarded "bargains" or former "must haves" at the center of your makes! And we need to know what "shopping sin" it was you used, so, please, name it in your post.

   When you visit our teamies' blogs you will learn more about their shopping sins they used...well, it's confession time, isn't it? So let us know about yours too ;)


So with this challenge it's all about New Years resolutions (did I hear someone moan?): we all know them, we all make them and we all know how likely it is that we stick to them...sometimes I think they are just made to increase our guilty conscience!

A popular pledge amongst crafters is ‘I will use up my stash’. Don’t we all have cupboards and shelves groaning under the weight of things we’ve bought and decided to save for a project that never happens? And then you feel guilty so you hide it under a new pile of (new) stuff! This January I decided that it's the perfect time to finally get rid of that guilt. I challenge you to find one of your former ‘shopping sins’, open the packet, stroke it one last time, and then USE IT!

So bring out all of those treasured hoarded items that you feel guilty for buying and put them on show - and make your secretly gnawing scrapaholic's guilt go away. As simple as that ;)  Isn't that fantastic? No more bad feelings about doubtable bargains and hoarding crafting stash! ;)

Having said this, the team from Our Creative Corner and me wish you a wonderful creative and happy 2014!

Talking about my teamies: they have once again created a bundle of inspiration for you and I am so happy that I am able to present the makes from the whole team this time...

...oh, and don't forget: this month
 our generous prize sponsor is 

http://www.craftyindividuals.co.uk/

 who donate a prize 
for one randomly drawn winner! 
Tadaah! 

All you have to do is enter a project to our challenge that follows the rules and the challenge theme! But for now on to the makes of the DT:






I have been hoarding some awesome vintage dictionary pages for more than a year honestly (alongside some other treasures of course which I decided to use on this project too ;). So the January challenge was a real challenge for me too - but once I had opened (and die cut) the first page it got a lot easier. And I really enjoyed finally bringing these stored away treasures to life by using them!


 **************************************

Jenny


I'm sure it would come as no surprise that I have a 'thing' about buttons - seriously, those pearly kings and queens have nothing on me!! Some have found their way onto projects in the past, but these Idea-ology ones have been kept in the 'DO NOT TOUCH' pot for way too long. Not any more...

**************************************

Linda


I guess I must rip open my new crafty goodies and use them at least once before they go into the hoarded stash because I had a tough time finding something that had never been used.  I finally came up with the black Prima felt embellishment.  I've had it for years and have been saving it for a special project.  I guess this must be what I saved it for. 

*************************************



I'm a compulsive buyer of crafty materials - always knowing that I will definitely use that (whatever it happens to be) eventually...  
I got some beeswax ages ago knowing I loved the sheen, and seeing so many possibilities, and I put off using it again and again so I'm glad Claudia's challenge nudged me into it.  Just one way I used it on this project was to dip my tissue paper butterflies in... Come and visit if you'd like to see what else I got up to with my long-hoarded beeswax!

*************************************

Anne


Confession time - my name is Anne - and I am a hoarder!   This was a fantastic challenge for me, I got my very large box of as yet unopened Wendy Vecchi Art Parts packets (I opened and used 3 of them!), added my new colours of Archival ink and made this little wall hanging.


*************************************


I loved Claudia's challenge as soon as I saw it but found it far from easy. I have had some sweet little white fabric flowers lurking in a drawer for nearly two years and I knew now was the time to do something with them. I had decided the flowers were just not 'me' so had to put my thinking cap on for this wonderful challenge. I changed the appearance of the flowers to fit my preferred style! The sun is shadowing them in this image but there are clearer shots on my blog here.

 *************************************

I loved the theme of no more shopping sins, and had a great time rummaging through my un-used stash. I used not just one, but three neglected items, the little hanging board, the clock die and the rose stamp. And seeing this is January, well what better thing to make than a calendar.
*************************************



As this was Claudia's challenge I decided I really had to make something Steampunk inspired. I even used her favourite Decoart paints - a new thing for me and now I love them too! I admit I was reluctant to give up my perfectly stored Idea-ology treasures - but they look so wonderful here I am so glad that I finally broke open those packets!

**************************************




Well, that should have been a heavy load of inspiration for you I assume ;) - so I look forward to seeing your shopping sins turned into treasures soon!

Make sure that you have a quick read of the rules if you haven't been here before.  Otherwise we would have to skip your entry, which we definitely do not like, but we have to be fair to those who follow the rules.

    
 We had some terrific entries for Laura's Christmas challenge last month! Thank you all so much for playing with us and sharing your lovely projects ! Watch out for the winners coming soon.

Hugs and happy crafting!
Claudia xx

24 comments:

  1. I love the incredible variety of DT Pieces! Oh and I am so glad that I'm not the only one with "misplaced art treasures"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and eclectic mix of designs from the team and thank you Claudia for picking such a great challenge topic! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A huge THANK YOU to you my teamies - you created (once again) such an icredibly beautiful bundle of inspiration! I am so glad you like this challenge!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic challenge Claudia. It feels so good to use those 'special' items at last. Well done team for some amazing creations. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous challenge Claudia and what wonderful makes from the DT. They are all so inspirational but your hoarding details really made me smile! I don't feel so bad now! I am definately going to make more time to play along with OCC challenges this year - I only managed one last year sadly. Happy New Year to you all! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing challenge Claudia - it really shook me up and made me want to create all over again. Thank you for that.
    Beautiful, original and inspiring projects from all my teamies - just love working with you all.
    Juliaxx
    Happy New Year to all. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally wonderful DT makes ladies. Kudos too on such a great line-up of sponsors. Happy New Year to you all. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous inspiration! I can't wait to look thru my stash and join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops sorry had a few problems uploading. Can't get rid of my first entry. This is a fab challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Mandy,

      seems everything's fine now! Usually inlinkz needs some time to adjust the collections it shows... so glad you like our challenge. Awesome make!
      Claudia x

      Delete
  10. Fab challenge for the New Year, I always need a push to use the unused (hoarded) stash I have. Wonderful inspiration from the DT. Thank you for the Challenge. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great challenge and it's so nice to be joining in with it. Loved all your wonderful samples ladies, really gorgeous inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the challenge! This is NOT a resolution I could keep. Lovely samples by the team!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi everyone! Have a Happy New Year!!! Amazing DT creations - as always! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous challenge and DT inspiration :-)
    Apologies for not reading the challenge properly, I have deleted my entry and will be back with a bone fide one :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect, Lorraine,
      and thank you! I look forward to seeing your new entry :)
      Claudia xx

      Delete
  15. Fabulous pieces from DT...like always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous DT inspiration Ladies, have just linked my project I have lots of Shopping Sins so feel better for sharing lol, great challenge.
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another great challenge and gorgeous DT creations too - thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous ideas here tempting me to stop hoarding stuff and use it.
    This is a great idea for a challenge Claudia.
    Wishing you many creative moments, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant theme for this month! very much inspired with DT work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a great challenge..thank you for letting me use up some of my horting that have pushed to the bottom of the pile...I had alot fun with your challege..this was my first time playing..I can't wait to play along next month..

    Hugs
    Nancy T.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx