Wednesday, January 22, 2014

'Tic Tac Toe' Top Talent

           
Welcome back to another Top Talent spotlight at Our Creative Corner!
  
    This month we are shining the spotlight on the winner of the 'Steampunk Tic Tac Toe' Challenge that was hosted by Claudia.

     Our Creative Corner is so pleased to be welcoming Sam from Craftart who won the Tic Tac Toe challenge with her amazing
Washi Balloon card.

     
     As usual, before we show you Sam's amazing creation - let's find out a little bit more about this very talented lady.......




 1.) Where do you live?

In the heart of the US heartland.  And I mean my house is really smack dab in the center!  I'm at the crossroads for North, South, East and West of this great country!  

2.) How long have you been crafting and what made you start crafting?

I've been crafting for as long as I can remember.  My parents and grandparents were all artistic and crafty, so it was something that I was surrounded by all my life.

3.) Describe a real life experience that inspired you artistically

Everyday life inspires me.  The mundane, the normal, the seemingly inconsequential.  The gentle flow of routine.  Everyday in the summer I have a hummingbird that visits my feeder.  This inspired my hummingbird card.

4.) If you could only use three craft supplies for the rest of your life, what would they be?  

Paper, paint and ink.

5.) What is the most useless item that you have purchased for your craft?

Ha!  My craft room is filled to the brim with treasures!  I never purchase anything "useless"!!  Seriously, I know this is going to come as a shock - but probably my color printer.  I thought I would use it to print lovely images, but I have never had the need.  Maybe someday in the future.  Who knows.

6.) Do you pre-sketch a design or do you just wing it? How long does it usually take you to make a project?

I usually wing it.  I have pre-sketched before, but that is rare.  I have some projects that take years, even decades to complete.  Other projects in just a few hours.  It all depends on the project and the complexity.  I'm relatively slow though.  I enjoy the journey, not the end product.  I realize this is very unusual.  I really craft for the process, not the result.  I don't know what to do with all the finished items that stack up in the corner and collect dust.  I'm open to suggestions!

7.) Are you a Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter person? Do you feel you create better in that season?

Oh no!  This is hard because this is really a dirty little secret of mine.  I love being outdoors and I live in a climate that experiences the extremes, so fall and spring are my favorite times of year when temperatures outside are mild …. but the secret is - I always wish for horrible weather, whatever the season.  That way, I'm "stuck" indoors in my craft room.  :) 




 Sam has created a really stunning showstopper for us today.......This box is so gorgeous!













         Thank you so much Sam for being here today in the Top Talent Spotlight and designing such a beautiful project for us. It has been such a pleasure to feature your work.

     If you want to see more photos and details of how it was made, then please go along to Sam's blog Craftart and say "Hello" - I am sure she would love to see you there!




                    Would you like to see your work here in the Our Creative Spotlight?


You could be here as our 'Top Talent' with the spotlight shining on something you have created! All you have to do is enter Claudia's 'No more Shopping Sins' challenge. 
You could also be one of our Top 3 and there is even the chance to be 
the winner of the prize donated by Crafty Individuals! 
            
          There is one more week of Claudia's challenge left, so why not have fun creating!
    
   Don't forget that Jenny will be here on the 25th to show you her wonderful Sponsor Spotlight! We hope you will all come over to see what she has made! Jenny will be very busy next month as she will be back again on the 1st February with her challenge for all of you!



8 comments:

  1. It's fantastic to find out more about the creative person behind this wonderful box Sam. I'm sure lots of people will identify with the 'enjoying the process' part of crafting (me included ;) and my, what a fabulous end result this time. Love the mix of stencilling and ephemera here. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing box, so much to see and admire!! And lovely to meet the person behind this creativity also! Love the stencilling and the layering of the embellishments, - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful box Sam - and one of my favourite images on the top too! Just love the way you have decorated it! Like you - love a bad weather day as an excuse to stay in and play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful alteration, Sam!
    Thank you for being with us as our Spotlight Designer! I loved to learn a bit more about you and your lovely art!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely make, Sam - great to have you with us this month!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely to have you in the Spotlight this month Sam and to get to know a little more about you too. Your box is just gorgeous. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolute beauty this little box is! Lovely to hear about you and your crafting too. Julia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx