Tuesday, April 1, 2014

With a Song in your Heart

Hello everyone, Alison here.  I'm excited to be hosting the April challenge here at Our Creative Corner, and this month I'm asking you to create "With a Song in your Heart".

Create something - anything! - inspired by and including a song title or lyrics.  To qualify for the prize draw, we need to see the words (the song title or some lyrics or both) appearing on your creation, and you need to let us know in your post the song which has inspired you.

In an ideal world, it would be fantastic if you included a link to the music so that we can have a listen while we look... but that bit's not compulsory!

This month we are delighted to confirm that, in addition to our winner and top three picks, one randomly drawn winner will receive a prize from our generous sponsor Tando Creative.


Please read the challenge description carefully.  In order to be fair, only projects which follow the description and our rules fully can be included in the prize draw.

*******************

And to get your creativity in tune, here are the song-inspired creations from the Design Team.


I ended up in an unexpectedly pink and flowery place, guided by my song choice: I Won't Send Roses from the musical Mack and Mabel.  It's a beautiful, melancholy song, full of contradictions - sung by a man who claims he's the unromantic type, yet who can see our heroine deserves those flowers he will never send!  Come and have a listen over at Words and Pictures.

*************************************

Julia


I chose 'For Your Babies' by Simply Red for my inspiration. Whenever I hear the song I think of my daughter who was a beautiful baby, full of smiles and mischief. She's now a stunning young lady of 22 years and I just wonder where the time has gone! I was lucky enough to see Simply Red live at the Royal Albert Hall in London and the song still brought a lump to my throat!

*************************************

Astrid


The song I chose is by Pete Seeger, who passed away this February. He was the hero of my teenage years and I still love his songs. The one I chose is called Garbage and even though it is quite a dark song, I chose it because it illustrates so well, how much ahead of his time he was. It is as relevant now as it was then.

*************************************

Laura


For this project I wanted to focus on why some songs mean so much and
for me it is because they bring back memories.The song featured in this hanging is
called 'The song remembers when' by Trisha Yearwood. It is the most gorgeous song with
 lyrics that perfectly describe the power of songs to trigger a long forgotten memory.

**************************************

Claudia


I chose a song from one of my all time favourite albums: Nik Kershaw's "15 Minutes". The song title says "What do you think of it so far?" - asking to look back upon one's life so far. I used the whole chorus and matched it with some of the lovely "Found Relatives" images from the new Tim Holtz release. If you'd like to listen to Nik's wonderful song hop over to my blog and click the link I have prepared for you.

**************************************

Jenny


I tend to prefer a great melody to thought provoking lyrics so this challenge was just that, a real challenge! However, you'd be surprised what can be hidden away in even the most well known of songs. Any idea where you'll have heard the lyrics " ...feel like a room without a roof" recently (unless you've been living on Mars that is!?!) They are of course from the chart-topping song 'Happy' by Pharrell Williams.

**************************************

Linda


I choose to use the song Rodeo by Garth Brooks, simply because I heard it recently and it reminded me of this Tim Holtz stamp set that I really like and seldom use.  It was a great opportunity to get it out, dust it off and have some inky pasty fun with it.

****************

I hope that's got your creativity ready to play - we can't wait to see what you create, and hear the songs that have inspired you.  Remember we need to see some lyrics or the song title on your project, and please tell us the song that inspired you in your post.

Do have a read of our rules if you haven't played before.  We'd hate to have to exclude any of your projects on a technicality.  You have until 23.55 on April 8th to add your projects to the linky, and I hope you have lots of musical fun!

14 comments:

  1. Great to see you all back, fabulous DT projects providing loads of inspiration . Love the topic Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous projects from everyone - thank you so much all of you!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you for amazing range of your skills and artwork ladies. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous projects from everyone here wow!!!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous theme for the April challenge! This is going to be a fun one :) I can't wait to get started on a couple of ideas and participate at Our Creative Corner for the first time :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I'm sorry that I didn't read the challenge requirements correctly - I've now deleted my first two entries and just left the correct one. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hazel - so happy that this card qualifies!
      Alison x

      Delete
  7. Thank you for your comment and I apologise that I didn't read the challenge requirements correctly. I know only too well how annoying it is when people link up without reading everything properly. I wonder if you would kindly remove my tag from your gallery as I have no idea how to do it? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Viv - not to worry - it's still a lovely creation - and thanks for playing. We just can't include it in the draw to be fair to others!
      Alison x

      Delete
  8. Fabulous DT inspiration Ladies the song I have chosen popped into my head as I was making this card....I kept singing it so googled to find artist .... lol. Great challenge.
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have removed my card from challenge sorry I didn't read that the lyrics needed to be shown.
    might have time to join in later
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great project from the DT I have made the same mistake as Maggie so back to the drawing board.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love the projects created by your team.

    Fabulous inspiration!

    Thanks for a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alison, I havent been around to everyone's blogs lately but today I went through my bloglovin feed. I cant believe that I've done it again - I made almost the same type of tag, absolutely independently, as your first one here for the Tim Holtz challenge this month. Isn't that crazy - it doesnt seem to happen like that for anyone other than your work. I do believe that I have somehow unintentionally channelled you again. And today was the first day that I saw your tag too. I think from now on I am going to check your blog first to make sure that I dont have anything that looks too similar to yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx