Friday, August 1, 2014

Summertime

Hi everyone! Laura here hosting the OCC challenge for August! 

'Summertime'

Summer is now in full swing - whatever the weather! 

Whether it is pouring with rain or intensely sunny wherever you are, Our Creative Corner want to see some 'Summer' inspired creations.  What does summer mean to you? 

Is it travel to far away exotic destinations, buckets and spades, sand dunes and sparkling sea? Or do you imagine delicate flowers in a hazy garden or the bright vivid tones of a warm sunset?

Whatever your interpretation of 'Summertime' is, we would love to see your creations here at Our Creative Corner



Take a peek at what the Design Team has made to inspire you this month!



 Laura



In the summer I love sitting in my garden in early evening. It is just so nice to sit and watch the sunset surrounded by flowers.....Here I tried to capture those elements in a framed picture...the golden glow as the sun sets, the flowers and the weathered wood from the garden.

**************************************

Claudia





Summertime to me means a stay at a lake or at the sea - walking barefoot, collecting shells, sitting on piers, kayaking, swimming, watching the sun paint glittering white and golden crowns on waves and relaxing to the sound they make when they gently crush upon the shore. Happy holidays to you all! x


**************************************

Kerstin


Summertime - the traditional time for rest and relaxation. I enjoy to go to the sea, to let your mind wander, to walk along the beach to look beautiful motives and photograph,
but of course, time to lie in the sand, listening to the sound of the sea and dream.
That was the idea behind my project,

the result was a canvas Little Mermaid in Mixed Media Style,
where I absolutely had to try my new acquired colors, if you are curious, please drop over my blog.

 

 ***************************************

Karin



Summertime represents for me Sun, Water and Sand.

The colors green/blue/teal made me think about the water of a cool mountain lake,

the yellow color looks like rocks and sand under the sun and the

pink color stands for all the lovely summer flowers who are growing in the fields.


**************************************

Laura's challenge got me thinking about the little mermaid who fell in love with a human prince and she had to suffer incredible torments ...


**************************************


Summertime for me, in an ideal world, should include crystal clear turquoise water with white sand; somewhere shady to sit with a good book and time to just dream. I've used my perfect summertime colour as the inspiration for my altered box. There are hints of gold and bronze to remind us of those beautiful colours that dance across the water when the sun is blazing. 


**************************************


Astrid


I decided to make a little folder out of two envelopes for this challenge. Its for a friend who is going on a special  holiday trip during August and I want to give it to her to keep some of her memorabilia, notes or photos in. It has two big pockets inside. If you want to see what the rest of it looks like, please visit my blog 


**************************************


WOW!!! How is that for a summery collection of creativity! I am so proud to work with such talented people! 

Have we tempted you to join in? We can't wait to see what summery themed creations you will come with. You could be our winner and join us here at Our Creative Corner in the spotlight to show us something you have made!

You could also be one of our Top 3 or even the lucky Random.org winner who will win a gorgeous selection of summery treats from our Sponsors this month Crafty Individuals




**************************************

This challenge is open until 11:55 pm on August 28th.


 
 

15 comments:

  1. Stunning inspiration ladies, thank you.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous makes from you all - sorry I couldn't play along with you this time!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just breath-taking 'makes' from everyone! Lovely Summertime creations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Amazing gallery of wonderful samples today to illustrate this new challenge, by everyone, thank you! I will breathe a little bit on holidays this month, so I will just be able to admire some of the entries from time to time, and read the posts... Always a pleasure. Happy Summertime ladies!! :) Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS! More Beautiful inspiration pieces!! These are all so unique and imaginative and simply stunning!! With the August theme of Summertime, there could be so many possibilities! Thank goodness we have the whole month to create :) Fabulous challenge, Laura! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladies of the design team there is so much loveliness and inspiration here I am in awe of you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful samples from the DT-Ladies.
    Thank you for the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very inspiring challenge... maybe I'm going to play... Thanks the DT for your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fab inspiration from the DT and the players are looking good too. My first visit. Where have I been?? Where's the follower button. I think I like it here very much

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found this blog and had to enter this challenge! Thanks for all the interesting art and for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow such awesome makes from the DT :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for another fun challenge and those fabulous DT inspirations - it is so much fun looking at how differently we all interpret the theme! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great challenge theme and wonderful projects by the DT. TFS and for the chance to play along

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx