Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Go Rustic!

Hi everyone! 

Welcome back to a new month here at Our Creative Corner. Laura here, hosting a new challenge for you...and this month we have a new sponsor!


Linda (the Funkie Junkie) is generously offering the random.org winner a $25 voucher to spend at the 

Watch out for the three Funkie Junkie Spotlights this month showing products sold 
at the FJBoutique! You won't want to miss them!



Now for the October challenge - This month I am asking everyone to -

  
I really love Autumn and find it very inspiring with all those textures and colours we see in nature right now.  So I decided to bring those textures and colours into a challenge here and see all that rustic creativity here at Our Creative Corner!

 We want to see a huge variety of items here, so make anything you like, but add some RUST!

Now you can take this Rust-ic creativity to any level you like - You can use just some rusty, autumnal colours or you can really go for it and work with gorgeous, rough textured, grungy, real or faux rust. 

So.....How 'rusty' are you?....



First come and take a look at how rusty the Our Creative Corner team love to get!!!!




I decided to go for rough texture highlighted with grungy verdigris rust. 
I couldn't resist adding some actual rusted items to make sure that this 
creation is certainly 'Rust'-ic!
 **************************************
I like Steampunk- that's for me the retro look of engineering or
longing for the age when technology was still understandable. 
Time worn effects are essential for this style, and so I used on my tag  faux rusted metal effect's.
 **************************************


Alison

 

I do like a bit of rust!  On here there are some rusted Idea-ology pieces as well as the corrugated "iron" background, created from a right old mixture of paints and embossing powders for the full-on rusty texture effect.
 **************************************
  
Karin



Autumn is my most favorite time of year.
 I love the sound of dry leafs beneath my feet and the beautiful rusty colours of the fallen ones.
 **************************************

Susan


I'm wild about nature and autumn colors and rust is one of my favorites.
I really enjoyed to create this tag.
Pop over to my blog to see more pictures.
 **************************************


 I couldn't have asked for a better challenge than this one from Laura. I love to give anything a rusty covering and whilst there are a number of products available to help achieve this, I still like to use various paints to create my rust. I've used part of a line from a song for my sentiment - I wonder if you recognise it? Visit my blog and all will be revealed. In addition you will find details of how I produced my tag.
 **************************************


I love Autumn and it's beautiful colours. The idea of adding rust into the mix really excited me, so I decided to take out my large journal and have a play. Here is the result. There was not much of a plan, the page just evolved. If you want to see more of how that happened, just visit my blog
 **************************************

I decided to search for quotes about rust and make one the focus of my project - and I found one that express pretty much what I feel about rust... and life. (Can you guess which famous writer it is from?)
Once more my beloved arch had to be the base for my creation. I really never tire of working on that special format! And again my project comes with a detailed stepxstep that is to be found at my blog. ;)


 **************************************


I think you will all agree the team have really hit those rusty notes perfectly and have provided some gorgeous 'Rust-ic' inspiration!

 So bring your creations to Our Creative Corner this month and you could be our Winner! You could be basking in the spotlight of our Top Talent feature!

You could be one of our wonderful Top 3 and you could even find yourself heading for a shopping trip at the Funkie Junkie Boutique!

Challenge is open until October 28th at 11.55pm

Good Luck and Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

  1. What fabulous rusty inspiration, thanks so much x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous inspiration Claudia.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the inspiration and another fabulous challenge!
    Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this chance to meet and greet other artists and see how they interpret the theme. And a special thanks for so different pieces of inspiration by your design team!
    Greets from Manu

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to be a part of this challenge. Great inspiration from the team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the DT makes are spectacular! Thanks for the inspiration and for another wonderful challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx