Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Color Your World


Hello All!

My name is Laurie Moore and I'm so excited to host my first challenge since joining this fabulous team at Our Creative Corner in January....

First of all I am very proud to announce that we have a new member joining our team!

Trish Latimer!

Trish is joining us today for her first OCC challenge as DT member and we think you are going to love the unique creativity she will bring to OCC challenges...We are so lucky to have her with us!


Before we begin I want to let you know about this months sponsor Creative Embellishment



 They are offering a $25 gift certificate to our randomly drawn winner.....It could be you!




**********************************************************

 
The theme for this challenge came to me while working in my garden.

Here in the United States we are coming into spring,
the season when nature comes forth with new life.
Soft green grasses grow in the fields and the trees bloom in glorious
colors with the promise of fruit.
Tulips and daffodils emerge from the soil after a long winters nap.
The colors of spring, the sights and sounds of nature at this time of the year renews my soul.
In the spring time the colors of nature are different around the world.
For my challenge this month I want you to
Color Your World
For this challenge create a project with the colors of spring time where you live.
Show us what colors renew your soul.




**********************************************************

 
Now let's take a look at our wonderful designers creation to inspire you.

If you want to see the transformation of these creations in more detail - just click the links!




Laurie


Coloring my world this time of year is to capture the feeling of warm sunshine and colorful nature scenes around me. Here in Oregon my favorite season is Spring.

 
 **************************************

Shari



Laurie's challenge theme of Color Your World couldn't have come at a better time-- My world could use some color right about now!  With it being very early Spring, my outside world is still in its Winter dormancy and very drab and blah.  I jump-started Spring into early bloom for my brightly colored jumbo tag creation!


 **************************************


  Jan



Spring is my favourite time of year for colour. I love the blue sky, the fresh green leaves, the yellow flowers and the robin in my garden building a nest! 


  

 **************************************

 Astrid



  I love Spring and Springtime colours and decided to make colour the main focus of my project. It's a large birthday card for a friend, as April in Scotland often only means a promise of Spring, that seemed like an apt sentiment.


 **************************************

Kerstin
 

I created a sayings calendar with a surprise in an envelope for a desk.
The title for this month is springtime feelings, my absolutely favourite time of the year.
I used my favourite colours - pastel in vintage look.
 
**************************************
 
Ana





Magnolia flowers in pink-purple hues, yellow sun, clear blue sky and green grass...perfect inspiration to step out of my comfortable zone....


**************************************


Lys 



 Also blue sky, sun and new grass... April reminds me of  an "April girl" song: so here she is in my Art Journal!

 **************************************




  Spring sky and grass - it had to be shades of green and blue for me!
.....with handmade flowers I was totally in my vintage shabby chic comfort zone!

 **************************************
 
Trish





Spring is a very colourful time for me, I love the green of the new shoots, the blue of a sunny spring sky, the fabulous flower colours of red tulips and purple crocuses (to name just two!) I have incorporated all these colours into my quirky bird assemblage....
 
 **************************************

Julia




I've chosen to use the beautiful yellow, orange and green colours of many spring flowers such as the daffodil and the crocus.

  **************************************





A tropical spring in my part of the world means a bursting of rich and vibrant tones, so for me it had to be the rich and vibrant sequins that colour my world in this shaker card.


*******************************************************


    Bring your Spring creations to Our Creative Corner this month and you could be our Winner! You could be basking in the spotlight of our Top Talent Feature!

You could be one of our wonderful Top 3 and you could even find yourself heading for a wonderful shopping trip at Creative Embellishments

Challenge is open until April 28th at 11.55pm

Good luck and Happy Crafting!





15 comments:

  1. Wonderful work ladies and fab to have Trish on board too! Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi what a wonderful Spring collection! Welcome Trish. Hugs Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Trish on your new DT post :-) I just love your birdie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome again Trish to the team. I love the adorable little bird and his perched. Thank you to all for the great creations for this challenge! I feel as though Spring has finally sprung! xxxx Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omgosh- such an assortment of great makes from the team! Super inspiration ladies- thank you for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wonderful inspiration for this new challenge at OCC by everyone, all these colours and compositions are a least for the eyes! And another great team member, yep, welcome to Trish!!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful samples from DT! Trish welcome...we are very happy to have you here!
    Hugs and happy Easter to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the inspiration from the DT. When Spring finally shoves winter out, the lovely crocuses and pretty white snowbells pop up from their winter beds and the garden starts its runway show with vibrant purple and white. The orange in my card is for the jonquils and daffodils. Talk about an entrance!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for another lovely challenge and awesome DT inspirations Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved looking at all your wonderful creations for the April Challenge on Easter Sunday... new life and spring - just the perfect challenge... makes me smile. Thanks to you all for your inspirations. Happy Easter. j

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really inspiring project... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a brilliant challenge! Love all the DT samples! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pleased to be able to join in the fun! Wonderful work from all the DT here. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous creations by the team, so many wonderful colours!! Glad I was able to join in the fun this month! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Such beautiful and diverse works of art by the talented Design Team! Finally got to join in this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx