Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Wish Upon A Star



Hello!

Welcome back to a new month here at Our Creative Corner. Trish here with the brand new December challenge!

Thanks so much to all who took part last months 'Topsy Turvy' challenge- Lys will be here in the 4th with her winners post! Don't miss it!

 Before we go onto the challenge details for December, I just wanted to let
you know about this months Sponsor.

 Our Sponsor this month is...

Tando will be sending our Random.org winner a surprise bundle of goodies!



My challenge to you all this month is a very simple one...

Stars!

I have a passion for stars. Stars are incorporated into my email addresses, internet log ins, business name and even my tattoos :)

I would love for you all to share your creations, full of stars!
Star stamps, star die cuts, star embellishments, star shaped backgrounds, it's up to you!


Use lots, or just the one, as long as there is a star somewhere, you're good to go!

I can't wait to see all your wonderful creations!


My whimsy girl is standing amongst the shining stars in the night sky!


  ********************
Shari


Stars are one of my favorite shapes and I especially love star shaped ornaments. 
 I created this trio from coffee stained cotton muslin and some super
 rough machine stitching to lend a truly rustic feel to these ornaments. 

 ********************
Candice

With Christmas on the way, I thought that a handy idea for a stocking
 filler gift would be a gift-set of these Zodiac Star Constellations
 themed cards.  Each card is a different "star sign" and have a 
little star themed sentiment. I thought that it would be 
cute to send a card with the appropriate constellation of 
stars (i.e their Zodiac sign) to the star who deserves it.

 
****************
****
Jan


This year I decided to create hanging decorations rather than cards
and put them in special envelopes. 

 
********************
Ana

I made little clay stars and put them on a “coffee” cards…
with additional embellishments I ended with cards full of 
sparkles and shine…

********************



I quite literally put a "wish" upon a "star" and 
made two star Christmas decorations.

********************
  


I've gone completely starry for my little hanger.
Lots of shimmery silver acrylic and dry brushed gesso. 
A touch of crackle finishes the piece for me!
  
 ********************


I thought I would make a Christmas wreath with a 'few' stars
...and I think I used more than a few!
  
 ********************



I dream of a natural Christmas, with brown, white colours
and light: this is my wish for my little star.


 ********************


Wow! I think my teamies have come up with some amazing art! I hope you have gained a little inspiration, and would like to play along with us this month. I can't wait to see all the entries!

Don't forget, we have a random winner who will receive our wonderful sponsor prize, as well as our chosen winner who will be invited to be a Top Talent on the blog.... will it be you?!

Trish xxx





9 comments:

  1. I dont know if it is just me but I cant seem to link from here to Julia's and Jan's projects. I wanted to go over and tell them how much I loved them. Great work to all the ladies. What incredible inspiration. I definitely have stars in my eyes now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bunch of lovely creations with stars, various art today but all so beautiful!! great work to all of you ladies. I don't know if I will have time to play again and join in the fun, but I'd love to, thanks for the challenge Trish, it's inspirful!
    Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness!! Look at all of the stars!! Talk about a Star-studded blog posting!! Fabulous challenge theme, Trish!! This was so fun to create for and I bet our readers and followers will feel the same!! I can't wait to see all of the entries!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to "see" you again, Trish. Seems like forever since I had a chance to visit blogs & catch up. As soon as I got your email alert tho, had to come straight over! I could say something cheesy like "I'm stary eyed"? Hmm, v cheesy. Truth is I am blown away by all the hugely talented interpretations on the theme, amazing how so many different ideas come from creativity! Beautiful pieces! Wish (upon a star, soz) I could join challenge but don't think my life is allowing for crafting much. Will certainly have a think tho, perhaps......
    Brilliant to just catch up a bit & see so much inspiration! Ty. C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun. But let's just get ONE THING STRAIGHT right now.... you are ALL STARS in my book!!!! What wonderful DT inspirations... each one is special. Thanks bunches. I'm thinking of stars as I type!!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The Design Team has made some really beautiful starry inspiration! You go Candice, with all those lovely cards! I hope I can get some time to join in the fun! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous designs.. So much inspiration! http://prativya.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to everybody. Today sharing with you unusual project "magic wand" layered from four layers and decorated with sparkly glitter for Frozen New Year's Eve party. Thanks for hosting, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx